Syncro SA - VW Syncro Forum
Low oil pressure and what to do? - Printable Version

+- Syncro SA - VW Syncro Forum (http://syncrosa.co.za/forum)
+-- Forum: Technical Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Engine - Petrol (/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Low oil pressure and what to do? (/showthread.php?tid=1666)

Pages: 1 2 3

Low oil pressure and what to do? - benniebez - 12-28-2013 02:51 PM

what causes the oil pressure to drop intermittently when engine is warm? It is between 1800-2100 & 2700-3000 and if throttle is blipped the pressure increases and the buzzer and light goes out.

RE: Low oil pressure and what to do? - syncromad - 12-29-2013 08:04 AM

Sounds like a blockage in the pick up or a stuck relief valve

RE: Low oil pressure and what to do? - Russel - 12-29-2013 08:37 AM

The buzzer should only go out ( once it is buzzing) if you turn you ignition of and then on again.
I thing you need to do a mechanical pressure test to confirm weather it is oil pressure or an elec fault.
Russel

Low oil pressure and what to do? - deanace - 12-29-2013 05:28 PM

I have had similar issues on my playbus, changed the oil to shell helix and the problem went away

the 5 cylinders need a thicker oil but you can add wims charge to thicken up your existing oil and see if it sorts the problem

castrol gtx is not good for 5 cylinder engines

RE: Low oil pressure and what to do? - benniebez - 12-29-2013 10:42 PM

I was also in believe that the oil maybe at fault, but also heard. as above that the pressure relief valve may be at fault.
Wich Helix (hx5-mineral. or hx7-synthetic) and what grade?

RE: Low oil pressure and what to do? - syncromad - 12-30-2013 12:27 PM

Shell helix Hx5k high milage, 25w60 i think

RE: Low oil pressure and what to do? - kwaailappies - 12-30-2013 01:37 PM

Bennie.my friend in uitenhage ,used to be the engine plant supervisor at vw,also insist that shell helix is the best oil for vw t3 jan

RE: Low oil pressure and what to do? - benniebez - 12-30-2013 01:54 PM

Thankful for the advice. added about 850ml of Wines charge and made a big difference. Still gets buzzer etc but less and pressure is higher when hot. Will do the oil change and should sort it all I believe.

RE: Low oil pressure and what to do? - kwaailappies - 12-30-2013 02:58 PM

Bennie.my friend in uitenhage ,used to be the engine plant supervisor at vw,also insist that shell helix is the best oil for vw t3 jan

RE: Low oil pressure and what to do? - syncromad - 12-31-2013 08:26 AM

bennie, not to sound funny, but a newly rebuilt motor should not need thicker oil, should run fine on 20 w 50, i would talk to the rebuilder again, maybe they have the senders connected incorrectly, or i would try new senders as well.