Syncro SA - VW Syncro Forum
New Site - Printable Version

+- Syncro SA - VW Syncro Forum (http://syncrosa.co.za/forum)
+-- Forum: Other (/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Forum: Site Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Thread: New Site (/showthread.php?tid=179)

Pages: 1 2 3

New Site - deanace - 07-12-2011 07:34 PM

Hi everyone

Ricky and I are working hard to build a site to act as a front page with a link to the forum
Any suggestions would be appreciated as to what you would like on the site
Also if anyone is good with words we need a short descriptive paragraph about what we are all about
I really feel like syncroSA is more than just a forum sire but a community and i want us to look smart when others google us

so far we have a nice photo gallery and links to other sites

thanks

Dean

Re: New Site - Russel - 07-12-2011 07:53 PM

Hi Dean
I am not good with wording and as you know am not resident in SA [well for now] so cant help there.
But if you want photos of syncros , technical, rebuilds,traveling, desert etc i can mail you quite a lot for the gallery.
Just let me know.
Russel

Re: New Site - deanace - 07-12-2011 07:55 PM

thanks Russel will let you know as soon as we ready to upload the pics
will def take you up on the offer

Re: New Site - Superman23 - 07-12-2011 09:40 PM

Just would like to say that the new index website is starting to take shape!

Going to really awsome!

Re: New Site - deanace - 07-16-2011 04:29 PM

Russel will you email those pics please

Re: New Site - BosBus - 07-18-2011 11:43 AM

Hi Dean / Ricky,

Congrats, the site looks really awesome and impressive. On a another site i saw a section where owners can register their Syncro's as a sort of national register with the owner, nickname, registration number, model, colour and area. This can serve as a quick reference guide and you can get all the details if you spot a Syncro. Thought that can be nice to include and make the community feel more like belonging to the Syncro family. If you want to use it here is my details:

Owner : Frans Joubert
Nick name ; BosBus
Reg: ZPP 063 GP
Model: 1989 2.1 L
Colour : Polar (changes from silver to gold depending on light conditions)
Area : Wychwood, Germiston, Eastrand, Gauteng

Regards,

Frans

New Site - deanace - 07-18-2011 12:29 PM

Good idea bosbus will include that ASAP

Re: New Site - syncromad - 07-18-2011 12:39 PM

good idea but make sure on legit members can access it as it is an easy way to find a vehicle to steal, also make the access traceable, so the admin can see who checked on what vehicle in case one goes missing, good idea maybe also to have varied contacts for all "members" as to avoid this type of thing happening.

Re: New Site - BosBus - 07-18-2011 06:00 PM

Hi Stuart,

I agree on the access being only available to legit members. Maybe there should also be a heading where you can specify any distinct markings etc. on the vehicle for identification in case it goes walkabout and reg. numbers get falsified.

Frans

Re: New Site - deanace - 08-09-2011 06:01 PM

Front site got a bit of a facelift today
Please let me know if you find any problems on it and i need suggestions and write ups please guys