Syncro SA - VW Syncro Forum
Site writers - Printable Version

+- Syncro SA - VW Syncro Forum (http://syncrosa.co.za/forum)
+-- Forum: Other (/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Forum: Site Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Thread: Site writers (/showthread.php?tid=223)

Site writers - deanace - 08-08-2011 09:42 AM

Howzit syncro's

Is anyone interested in helping me write articles for the front page? (<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.syncrosa.co.za">www.syncrosa.co.za</a><!-- w -->)

Unfortunately I don't have as much time as I would like to spend on writing articles, and I could really do with some assistance. The site can look dead at time because of this.

I cannot offer you payment unfortunately, however you will be a part of the staff and there will be a special rank on the site for you. You will also be contributing to growing the international syncro scene

If anyone is interested in helping the community (and me) out, please let me know!

Thanks

Re: Site writers - 32wbx6 - 08-12-2011 05:36 PM

Hi Dean,

I have huge time constraints like all of us I guess. I am prepared to put together the odd article, mainly by gathering info of interest re Syncro's aroung the world and putting it together for you. You can then put it up. I can't commit to any frequency or anything but i will do a few and lets see where that goes. I appreciate all your efforts by the way with all this. We really need what you and Stuart and a few others are doing if we want to keep or build the Syncro's in SA. I'm very excited having had one for years but its always been a very "lonely" trip up till now! John

Re: Site writers - deanace - 08-12-2011 09:55 PM

awesome you can email me at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e --> the articles when you get a chance, I appreciate that you enjoy the forum and my hope of getting Syncro more desired is looking good
I had the idea to start the forum as there was only the email based yahoo group which I found antiquated and couldnt fit in. It is always nice to be part of a community with common interests and know there are people that we can learn from and enjoy seeing their vehicles and reading their stories. The lonely trip has ended Smile

Re: Site writers - 32wbx6 - 08-13-2011 10:26 AM

Cool, I get going and email some stuff in next few days.

Re: Site writers - Herms - 08-13-2011 11:43 AM

Hi Dean

I'm not sure what i can offer yet, never really saw myself as a writer..hehe, but I'm willing to give it a go.
If I can come up with something, I'll sent it to you.

Maybe I can get Ian to help me, he is certified Syncro mad :lol:

Re: Site writers - 32wbx6 - 08-18-2011 09:45 AM

Hi Dean,

Haven't forgotten, just dealing with usual business all fall downs! Out of interest, what sort of articles are we wanting? I have been thinking about it and quite diffcult as the forum deals with most questions, problems, and other issues. What type of articles did you have in mind in general for the actual website?

Site writers - deanace - 08-18-2011 11:58 AM

maybe like a summary of what has been discussed on the forum ? or even a article on our day at hennops coz I want to submit pictures and an article to a few magazines to publish
the idea is to have articles on the site so non Syncro people (who I feel sorry for) can read up without joining the forum as most of them don't want to

Re: Site writers - 32wbx6 - 08-18-2011 01:22 PM

Ok got it. I will write them specifically to be appealing to all non-Syncro drivers except Hilux's I'm afraid. I have to draw the line somewhere :lol:

Site writers - deanace - 08-25-2011 04:27 PM

Thanks for the first bit 32wbx6
I've updated the main site
If anyone else wants to contribute please email anything syncro related to <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e -->