Syncro SA - VW Syncro Forum
My big window bus is ready... - Printable Version

+- Syncro SA - VW Syncro Forum (http://syncrosa.co.za/forum)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: My big window bus is ready... (/showthread.php?tid=2685)

Pages: 1 2

My big window bus is ready... - Gunther - 08-16-2016 12:40 PM

Last year in May I bought my big window SA T3 in UK and brought the bus to Germany. It took a long time to get the German TÜV and registration. In April/May this year I visited your nice country and met some guys from the forum. Big Grin

Now I finished the restoration and I hope I can enjoy the T3 made in Uitenhage. Smile
There are only 2 big window busses in Germany with German registration, acc. to the TÜV database. Cool

RE: My big window bus is ready... - 32wbx6 - 08-16-2016 04:33 PM

Wow she is beautiful! I am definitely going to respray mine!

RE: My big window bus is ready... - BHM - 08-16-2016 06:35 PM

Very nice!

RE: My big window bus is ready... - derick - 08-17-2016 03:55 PM

(08-16-2016 12:40 PM)Gunther Wrote:  Last year in May I bought my big window SA T3 in UK and brought the bus to Germany. It took a long time to get the German TÜV and registration. In April/May this year I visited your nice country and met some guys from the forum. Big Grin

Now I finished the restoration and I hope I can enjoy the T3 made in Uitenhage. Smile
There are only 2 big window busses in Germany with German registration, acc. to the TÜV database. Cool

Very nice Gunther!!
Wish you many miles of smiles !!Big Grin

RE: My big window bus is ready... - Gunther - 08-18-2016 12:29 PM

Thank you very much! :-)
The 5 cylinder sound is great. I love it! :-)

RE: My big window bus is ready... - Gerard W - 08-18-2016 12:52 PM

(08-18-2016 12:29 PM)Gunther Wrote:  Thank you very much! :-)
The 5 cylinder sound is great. I love it! :-)

Yip love that sound as well, and the power on that 2.6. Mine is getting some surgery now, but if I can save it, I'll keep it, and its looking good so far.

RE: My big window bus is ready... - Dirty Germ - 08-21-2016 09:35 AM

Glad to hear she is now in one piece again Gunther. I am sure you will turn many heads in Germany with that "piece" of history. Herman

RE: My big window bus is ready... - Gunther - 08-29-2016 02:14 PM

I hope you can solve the problem soon with your bus Gerald. Big Grin If I come to PE in 2018 we can make a short tour with it, I hope.

Thank you Herman. Big Grin Yes many people turning their heads if they hear the sound. The custom made exhaused system (the original one is not available in Germany) is a great "sound system". Cool

RE: My big window bus is ready... - Gerard W - 08-29-2016 02:18 PM

Thanks, I'm very excited to get it back.

Do you only have a shirt exhaust box or still the double one with the piece under the side of the bus.

RE: My big window bus is ready... - Gunther - 08-29-2016 02:31 PM

I have the double one, made of stainless steel incl. SS wool as absorption material. I hope I can use it for the next 100 years. Big Grin