Syncro SA - VW Syncro Forum
golf engines - Printable Version

+- Syncro SA - VW Syncro Forum (http://syncrosa.co.za/forum)
+-- Forum: Technical Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Engine - Petrol (/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: golf engines (/showthread.php?tid=310)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

golf engines - axeman - 09-06-2011 08:42 PM

looking at some of the pictures of the golf engines that have been installed i am trying to figure out how this has been done? as the engine is not slanted at a steep angle as per the oil burners. the conversions that have been done in the uk have used diesle bell housings and the diesle bars ect. so once installed they look like a diesle.

the up right install looks neat i am guesssing some kind of adapter plate and a coustom engine bar?

neil

Re: golf engines - deanace - 09-06-2011 08:51 PM

here is a upright golf engine in a syncro

conversion done by Syncro Hoispital

Re: golf engines - deanace - 09-06-2011 08:52 PM

we have a special adaptor plate made locally which comes with flywheel and cross member
the engine deck must be extended as our 5 cylinder bus's were and a larger engine lid installed with the extension

Re: golf engines - syncromad - 09-06-2011 09:28 PM

as dean says, no special sump or crossmembers, it sits as per the motor would in a Golf,just need to raise the rear deck 100mm.no raised deck neede in a doka as it is already high enough.still usesthe steel sump as in the golf, the 1.9ahf still has it's ali sump,also an upright installation.

stuart

Re: golf engines - Herms - 09-25-2011 09:44 AM

Hi Stuart

Is that a std ADY intake manifold in the picture above? Did you just drilled a whole for the MAP sensor and fastened it with self tapping bolts? If so, is that the best place or can one do it on pretty mucb any of the flat surface on the intake?

Re: golf engines - syncromad - 09-25-2011 11:55 AM

Yes, standard ADY intake, just drilled and tapped, that position is the best, just make sure you seal it properly.

Re: golf engines - Tichafa - 09-26-2011 08:09 PM

Hi Guys, hop u al had a great wkend.
I am in PE and i currently got a 2.1i with an original engine 1 broken stud on each head, the crankcase looks and sounds intact, we started the motor and revved it a bit n were satisfied wif the crankcase.

I now need advice as i am caught btwn deciding to fix this 2.3i motor or to re-power with a 2e motor.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Re: golf engines - deanace - 09-26-2011 08:12 PM

move over to the 2E engine
you can read about all the pros and cons in the forums

P.S welcome to SyncroSA

Re: 2.1i flat 4 - Tichafa - 10-01-2011 09:06 AM

Hi Guys

Broken cylinder head studs is a common issue with abused cars, 2.1i specifically, can any1 reccomend a way to remove and replace them.

If yes, where can i buy replacement studs and nuts, tnx in advance good people Wink Wink

Re: golf engines - Tichafa - 10-01-2011 09:14 AM

deanace Wrote:move over to the 2E engine
you can read about all the pros and cons in the forums

P.S welcome to SyncroSA

Tnx Dean, 1 quick question though, how good is the adaptor fly wheel in terms of balancing and durability and flatness, wont it vibrate or wobble at high rpms, or would 1 reccomend that i send it to an eng shop for balancing b4 installation.

Tnx again 4 the info.