Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Newbie Micro bus owner
02-25-2018, 11:59 AM
Newbie Micro bus owner

.jpg  images220OYUNF.jpg (Size: 13.5 KB / Downloads: 63)    
.jpg  814667ff44df293b5f1e6f0ca5397dd7--t-bus-motors.jpg (Size: 12.38 KB / Downloads: 63)     Hi guy's, I'm actually a type 1 aircooled guy and runs JRK Beetles workshop for a living, however I had the opportunity to buy a Microbus with a 2L aircooled motor in it that dropped the no 3 valve seat which they sometimes do. I play with WBX's and have a turboe'd WBX in my type1 beetle. I will be reusing the engine.

Now, I have never owned a kombi and fell in love with this one and will be repairing and upgrading it soon, so here's what I'm after.

I'd like to know how and if the Bus can be dropped neatly, also I really want the front grille with double square lights and flickerlight grille. Also I need to swop the rims for some mags and I want to attach the side tent/covers that I see some people have on their busses. I have found some very neat cars on the net and would like your opinion one them, some I see even has narrowed front suspension. In the pics below, the white Combi with the simple striping across the body is my favourite.

Greatly appreciate your ideas and input, and advise on where to shop for accessories, even if they are 2nd hand,

Regard's, Juan
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-25-2018, 04:25 PM (This post was last modified: 02-25-2018 04:28 PM by Picasso.)
RE: Newbie Micro bus owner
(02-25-2018 11:59 AM)Bratjie Wrote:  Hi guy's, I'm actually a type 1 aircooled guy and runs JRK Beetles workshop for a living, however I had the opportunity to buy a Microbus with a 2L aircooled motor in it that dropped the no 3 valve seat which they sometimes do. I play with WBX's and have a turboe'd WBX in my type1 beetle. I will be reusing the engine.

Now, I have never owned a kombi and fell in love with this one and will be repairing and upgrading it soon, so here's what I'm after.

I'd like to know how and if the Bus can be dropped neatly, also I really want the front grille with double square lights and flickerlight grille. Also I need to swop the rims for some mags and I want to attach the side tent/covers that I see some people have on their busses. I have found some very neat cars on the net and would like your opinion one them, some I see even has narrowed front suspension. In the pics below, the white Combi with the simple striping across the body is my favourite.

Greatly appreciate your ideas and input, and advise on where to shop for accessories, even if they are 2nd hand,

Regard's, Juan

I am only commenting on the radiator grill part:
I would keep the one on which is the car (single round light); just paint the whole thing in black.
If you want the mean looks Dodgy than you can fit a radiator grill spoiler as fitted on the white bus (top right) . I have one for sale.
Going the route of the caravel grill with the double lights will be very expensive.
Its very difficult to get these parts; Undecided
02-26-2018, 08:31 AM
RE: Newbie Micro bus owner
Thank you Picasso, I appreciate your input. I will sort her slowly but surely. I know it expencive but if you start slow one day she'll be good as new. How much do you need for that Grille?