vic5318 Wrote:let's try again

Hey that looks like my Garage floor
Hhehehehe,might be :lol:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-04-2013, 07:05 PM
Re: alfa conversion
Exited!!!!

Motor are at engineering and in thousand pieces. They took out half a kilo of rubbish out the sump,looks like someone forgot a black rubbish bag inside and is melted and tangled in the chains. Surely the previous owner ran it on used oil of the lowest grade begged from a service station,will bang his head in if i can get hold of him.

Jusst waiting to hear from engineering tomorrow but apart from the shock,everything looks in good nic.

Slooowly but surely things are coming along. Big Grin
11-23-2013, 12:15 PM
Re: alfa conversion
Hi guys,i'm still allive.

The alfawagen is still in the making,just spent lots of time working on the motor. It's still at the engineering but reassembly will start this coming week.

Had to search for valves,small ends etc,nearly had to import but came accross Auto Azzurri in Cape Town who had everyting and more i needed. Now the webers needs to go for a good clean and kits and motor is completely done from bottom to top!

Spaarvark,foeitog. It's only ribs left,but hopefully the new year wiil be good to us and can feed the poor thing to buy me a wagen :lol:
05-16-2014, 10:44 PM
RE: alfa conversion
Finally brought the alfa home from enginering today. Think i will sleep in the garage tonight! Tongue carbs are gone for refurb,having trouble with one of them and might have to source another.

Besides the BUMP,i'm exited again! Whoop
05-17-2014, 06:20 AM
(05-16-2014 10:44 PM)vic5318 Wrote:  Finally brought the alfa home from enginering today. Think i will sleep in the garage tonight! Tongue carbs are gone for refurb,having trouble with one of them and might have to source another.

Vic
Let me know if I can help with getting parts from here.

Gerrie
05-17-2014, 07:36 AM
(05-17-2014 06:20 AM)BoetGert Wrote:  
(05-16-2014 10:44 PM)vic5318 Wrote:  Finally brought the alfa home from enginering today. Think i will sleep in the garage tonight! Tongue carbs are gone for refurb,having trouble with one of them and might have to source another.

Vic
Let me know if I can help with getting parts from here.

Gerrie
Schweet,thanx boet!
12-18-2014, 08:23 PM
Hi guys,still alive and kicking!Big Grin

Just passing by and update the alfa conversion. Not much happened during the past few months. Motor completely done and in one piece! Going to sort the old points distributor out in the new year,installing golf dizzy internals and ignition module for better advance and spark. Gilo's going to "update" the flywheel to 228mm clutch.

Carbs going to AK Classics for service and correct jet check etc. So i believe it won't be another year before i'm going to start looking for a project bus. To Pierre and Boet Gert,thanx again! You sorted lots of my restless nights.

Happy holidays,and may you all be blessed! Untill the new year.

Cheers
Vic
06-27-2017, 09:26 PM (This post was last modified: 06-28-2017 07:37 PM by vic5318.)
Hi Manne!
I'm still marching on with the alfawagen project,altough funds have being a huge drawback!
I would like to ask your opinion??
Might be able to get hold a project bus,resprayed and few other thing done to it.
It is in running condition wit 4spd box and Toyota 4Y motor wich I obviously can sell and use the funds on the Alfa build.

Don't know if one can make any judgement according to pics,but the slightest idea of value wil help me alot. Not exactly sure of year model yet...
I suspect it might have being a aircooled originally if i look at the way the hole has being cut to fit the lower grill....

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

07-01-2017, 06:40 PM
Found out in the meantime the owner is looking at about R 25 000Confused