Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Saxon drugs and Rock & Roll...
05-08-2013, 10:44 PM
Saxon drugs and Rock & Roll...
Ever had a really random weekend away in your Syncro? Last weekend we did....

Basically we ended up heading out as per usual not really knowing where we would end up and landed at some beach that you are tripping over loads of fossil's, gate crashing a party that was run by a load of medieval saxons, hanging out at this village that was taken over by the army about 1944 and they now let people call in and its still the same as when it was taken over then just as we sat down and said to each other, "No one from back home would believe this" a guy from "Back home" pulled into the car park for us to tell him about it.

Anyway I thought I would share the video of what we got up to with you guys because I know a few of you like to watch them. Hope you like it and feel free to leave any comments Big Grin

http://campervanculture.com/2013/05/saxo...rock-roll/

Jed

CAMPERVANCULTURE.COM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2013, 11:05 AM
Re: Saxon drugs and Rock & Roll...
Very nice Jed, music as well!
Ever been to our country? You should visit and we'll show you some South African beaches!
Info about the music would be much appreciated!
Enkie

It's not just a 4x4, it's a Syncro........
Find all posts by this user
05-10-2013, 05:57 PM
Like alot Wink
Keep em coming
Best weekends are always the unplanned ones!
05-10-2013, 09:56 PM
Nice music, nice places, nice people, nice buses.
Excellent combination!
05-12-2013, 02:12 PM
Around 1998 I spent about a year and half cruising around in SA, Namibia, Botswana, Swaziland, Zimbabwe, Mozambique.

Was an incredible time, really glad i got to go to Zim before everything went really hectic.

Would love to drive my van down there at some point and carry on the journey that i did out there all those years ago, its such an enormous place, you couldnt even get bored with an entire lifetime out there.

Maybe we'll take you up on that offer one day.....? Big Grin

Al

Visit CAMPERVANCULTURE.COM real camping and video uploads
Subscribe to Campervan Culture by Email
Follow us on Facebook, Campervanculture.com
05-12-2013, 08:47 PM
Well you have a spot to stay in Cape Town. If you make it. May even fix your van for the return trip.
While you 2 are on here a quick question: Are you getting the TDI gearbox rattle on your busses.
Russel
05-15-2013, 11:23 PM
Russel Wrote:Well you have a spot to stay in Cape Town. If you make it. May even fix your van for the return trip.
While you 2 are on here a quick question: Are you getting the TDI gearbox rattle on your busses.
Russel

Yeh mine has always done it since the TDI went in, why are you missing a spanner?

For any of you guys interested in the music on this video they are,

1 Motorhead, acoustic version of Ace Of Spades.
2 Foals, My Number.
3 Alt J, Breezeblocks.

I did spend quite a bit of time in Africa a few years ago. Basically I drove from Nairobi, to Uganda, Rwanda (just after the troubles), into The Congo, down across Lake Victoria and into Tanzania then back into Kenya and to Mombassa, back into Tanzania and over to Zanzibar and back to the mainland and down to Malawi, followed the lake down and into Zambia then Zimbabwe, headed down through South Africa and ended the trip in Cape town and hung out in The Gardens quite a bit and Camps Bay. I want to do the east coast of Africa with the family in a few years and visit Russel so at least I have a place to keep the van while deciding what to do next.

Jed

CAMPERVANCULTURE.COM