Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Overland upgrades
08-02-2013, 08:23 AM
Re: Overland upgrades
If I may chip in here: I wouldn't say they hate white Americans more than other whities. Police stops can be intimidating, but at the end of the day it's mostly about bribery and corruption - sad to say but that's Africa!
They will probably think you have lots of money because you are American, which makes you a target like anyone else (tourists) who are perceived to have bottomless pits of money.
Some goverments (Mozambique) are trying to clamp down on the abuse of tourists because they obviously realize the importance of tourists for their economies.
Some countries are a no-no, but as long as you stay within the laws (speed limits etc!) you should be ok. If you should decide to come this way I'm sure members will share their tips on how best to deal with the bribery!
E.

It's not just a 4x4, it's a Syncro........
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-05-2013, 10:37 AM
Re: Overland upgrades
Sorry about the really really really long time for a reply. Almost embarrassed to admit to being an American these days with our fearless leader touring the world making us look like a bunch of dumb asses. Although there was a time when America was doing pretty good but after printing 17 trillion dollars, well, not so much better off these days.

It's on my bucket list to make it over there so I'll need tons of advice. And the way things are going over here I may never leave :mrgreen: You guys need truck drivers over there :lol:

Dave

The road is long and life is short so if your gonna see it all you got to drive fast!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply