Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Part numbers for original CV boots
08-15-2013, 12:09 PM
Re: Part numbers for original CV boots
Russel, I believe your orange bus is lifted pretty high. Do you not have problems with boots?

[Image: SyncroSignature.jpg]

Life's a journey, not a race. Enjoy it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-21-2013, 11:52 AM
Russell doesn't use boots, he uses stilts!! :lol: Ive found a supplier for the silicone boots they are factory clamped and cost R95.00ea inc. The company is called Canadian House, tel no 0119531160/2424. They are based in Rustenburg Rd, Krugersdorp. I ordered 5 from him and he got within one day! It's listed as a VW Inner/Outer cv boot 108mm. A friend has bought cv joints from him before and has got good service fom them.
Rob
08-21-2013, 08:17 PM
My van is lifted quite high. Must measure it some time.
Boots? wot are those or are you referring to those pieces of shredded rubber i change every week. :lol:
I use the the boots that are in the photo on a previous post on the gearbox side. They have lasted well. I use the standard boot in the trailing arm
and have about 3000km on them so far ( second set since i built the bus)and on the front i am using the original hard nylon outter boot with a good quality inner.
These i have had on from when i first rebuilt the bus. So about 10000km so far.
Russel
08-30-2013, 11:44 PM
Boerseun Wrote:Hi guys, I see that you are only talking about the boot rubbers? I need to change my front cv's now as they are singing louder each turn!
I recond the right hand side 2 years ago but it did not last and i am not even doing off road at this stage!!
Is there a specific brand or part that you suggest? I am slowly getting my bus back to a good condition so want to do it right!
Thanks!
Boerseun, have you tried Volkspares as well they seem to have quit a wide range of cv's etc. Canadian house and Satjko in Randburg are getting stock of the front cv's in, in October. If you call me in October i'll give you his contact details if he's got the stock?
Rob.
05-15-2017, 11:41 AM
RE: Part numbers for original CV boots
Hi all,

I know this is an old thread, but I am looking for front inner and outer (90mm) CV boots. I have asked Stuart and he doesn't have at the moment. Any idea where I might find some?

Nick

1989 2.0i Syncro Camper (Gogo)
05-16-2017, 10:05 AM
(05-15-2017 11:41 AM)nickgraham Wrote:  Hi all,

I know this is an old thread, but I am looking for front inner and outer (90mm) CV boots. I have asked Stuart and he doesn't have at the moment. Any idea where I might find some?

Nick

Hi Nick

Try Justin at Sajco. tel: 011 7929644 email: justin@sajco.co.za
05-16-2017, 12:42 PM
Thanks so much. I'll give him a try.

05-23-2017, 10:00 AM
Came right on the front outers with Eric at Canadian House (011 953 1160, http://www.canadianhouse.co.za
eric@canadianhouse.co.za) - very helpful and efficient. Found all the others at Goldwagen.