Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Zim Saamtrek
01-30-2014, 12:29 PM (This post was last modified: 01-30-2014 02:53 PM by syncromad.)
RE: Zim Saamtrek
Hi Guys

I have been to see Rina at the ATV4x4 club, I have booked and paid for the VHF radios, 14x days booked for, so I can collect the radios on the 16th, we leave the evening of the 17 th go to ellisras. You can either collect them from me on the afternoon/evening of the 16th or during the day of the 17th or I can take them to Francistown for you.

I have booked 4x VHF radios, for, Henning, Bernard, pierre and Tony.enkie has taken the last one so we have all 5 that the club has.

They all will have a licence with them,

Cost is R40/day x14 days, per radio, ie R560-00 per radio, please bring me the cash with to the Saamtrek, no transfer needed now, thanks

stuart

I may be a mechanic, but i can't fix stupid
Bad planning on your part does not make your issue an crisis to me
Bad workmanship by other garages does not entiltle you to better rates at me
Syncro, syncro , syncro and more syncro, this is the syncro way of life
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-30-2014, 03:01 PM
Please count me in as requested per email as well.
Tx
E.

It's not just a 4x4, it's a Syncro........
Find all posts by this user
01-30-2014, 03:09 PM
done thanks, all radio's taken

02-03-2014, 09:41 AM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2014 10:20 AM by syncromad.)
hi Guys

we need to have a final meeting about the Zim Saam trek, my suggestion is to have it early, say sat 23 feb,

we can do it at our house in pretoria, i will supply a fire to braai on, guys from the Cape are excused for this one, feed back will follow

best would be to come in the syncro you intent to take on the trip, so we can have a check up on the vehicle to make up lists of spares etc needed.

so here it is our house, 493 20th Ave Villieria, sat 23 Feb 2014, at 12 for 12:30,

check vehicles while the fires start up and get ready, braai and discuss the final route, radio's etc etc.

stuart
083 629 9951

NOTE: date change

SUNDAY 2nd march 2014, all the rest as is

02-06-2014, 07:10 AM
Just read on a thread on the 4x4Community site that we can organise meat at the Pandamatenga butcher. Apparently if you phone him beforehand he will vacuum and freeze it for you if you want. The contact details are:

Pandamatenga butchery: Panda Food Save: Tel / Fax: +267 6 23 2065, Ian (the owner): +267 74 063003 S18.56526 E25.62787

Might be a good option as I didn't find the best meat in Francistown from the Spar or P&Pay. Apparently there is another butcher somewhere in Francistown that went out of his way to cut nice steaks etc for some other people we know. I just couldn't find the place.

Another question that was raised was driving Hunters road in April as apparently it's still the wet season. I have seen some videos on Youtube about guys traveling there in the wet season and although it looks like fun to get stuck every few hundred meters and winching yourself out, I don't think it's the type of trip we want to do in a big group like this.

Any comments from the other travelers?

[Image: SyncroSignature.jpg]

Life's a journey, not a race. Enjoy it.
02-06-2014, 07:55 AM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2014 08:11 AM by syncromad.)
they don't drive syncro's!!!!!!!!

no seriously, that is why we have an extra day in case the hunters road is tough, but checking the garmaps there are a lot of "escape" roads to the mainroad,

i have a winch fitted to the camper, who else has a winch. we will also need some long rope/ tow straps. i have 30m strap that we will take with.

no hassle with taking meat north, coming south is the hassle.

all stuff we will discuss at the meeting in the 2nd of March

02-06-2014, 08:55 AM
I have a winch. I just need to get it fitted properly and get a plasma rope for it.. If anyone knows where I can get a plasma rope from preferably in the Pretoria area that would be great if you can give the details.

I'll organise long tow rope as well.

[Image: SyncroSignature.jpg]

Life's a journey, not a race. Enjoy it.
02-06-2014, 04:11 PM
For how long after return must passports be valid? My daughter's expires somewhere September.
E.

It's not just a 4x4, it's a Syncro........
02-06-2014, 06:02 PM
at least 6 months, apply for one now, mine took a month

02-11-2014, 07:22 AM
Hi all

please start to make your question lists for the Saamtrek to bring with to the meeting,

also make a list of spares etc that you have so we know who has what, we don't need 11 alternators and no starter motors. bring the list to the meeting.

i am sure one spare wheel will be enough, i always have 2 in case. and yes i used 2 on the last trip to the Kgalagadi, on tar roads.

fuel you should have about a 1000km range, we never know when or where there will be fuel.

there have been concerns about the hunters road being to wet and swampy. we will see when we are there, this is part of the adventure,

we will take all needed precautions when travelling the hunters road. if it gets to hard going we will go back to the tar road.

stuart