Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Syncro Spotted
08-12-2014, 01:05 PM
Syncro Spotted

I have been working in Capetown this past weekend and spotted this camper in town. I have spoken to the owner. Cannot remember his name though. Fitted with a 2L Jetta motor and he has been to Tanzania and back with it already. Also planning a longer trip now. He invited me inside to have a look as well but I felt to bad to take pictures off the inside though. I am pretty sure that some of you might know him.

Also a picture of Stuart at the Pitbull event in Centurion. Have to teach my wife to take more action photos though. It felt a lot scarier being on the inside.

Schalla
Cell 0828850055
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-12-2014, 03:42 PM
Tongue RE: Syncro Spotted
Tongue nice busses!

Rhyno van Zyl
https://www.facebook.com/KarooPhotograph...e=bookmark
08-12-2014, 10:04 PM
Syncro Spotted
the owners name is Kallie

2.6i Syncro Doka 1984
2.5i SSA PlayBus Syncro 1989
2.5i Factory 5 Cylinder Syncro 1991
2.0i Cox Camper Syncro 1989
2.0i Big Window Syncro 1992
2.6i 2WD Doka 1986
1.9TDI Golf Syncro 1991

"If you dont think syncro's are cool, then you better check your pulse"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-13-2014, 08:27 AM
RE: Syncro Spotted
Are those storage boxes on the back? If so are they made of fiberglass or metal? Very nice bus.

In all things that don't succeed at first, change your approach and try again.
08-13-2014, 07:55 PM (This post was last modified: 08-13-2014 08:08 PM by Schalla.)
(08-13-2014 08:27 AM)xavier Wrote:  Are those storage boxes on the back? If so are they made of fiberglass or metal? Very nice bus.
The box are made off fibreglass. Dean has send a link regarding this guy Kallie which I will check out now.

(08-12-2014 10:04 PM)deanace Wrote:  the owners name is Kallie
Hi Dean. He told me that he knows you guys from ACE. I have seen him twice on Sunday. The last time was at Seapoint. I could not see the thread. Possibly because I receive the updates on my Cellphone and it is just referring to this url. He has done a lot to this bus. Stainless steel rods from the roof rack to the bottom, Water tank which you fill up at the the fuel filler in front. Yes I could see that this bus were converted for serious trips. Not to mention the fridge under the seat and many more extras. Roof seemed to be extra high.

Schalla
Cell 0828850055
04-25-2015, 08:25 AM
Hey guys, that is a Cock's Camper conversion. My father developed and manufactured them from inception. The name Cock's was carried over (many years of regret).
Ken Blanckenberg was the owner of Cock's Campers and also the design expert behind the VW "mini motorhome".

The owner has added most of the ancillaries, but the fibreglass box was also my father's concept.
03-21-2016, 01:30 PM
(04-25-2015 08:25 AM)whitemountain Wrote:  Hey guys, that is a Cock's Camper conversion. My father developed and manufactured them from inception. The name Cock's was carried over (many years of regret).
Ken Blanckenberg was the owner of Cock's Campers and also the design expert behind the VW "mini motorhome".

The owner has added most of the ancillaries, but the fibreglass box was also my father's concept.
Hi! My Name is Dick Vlietman,Ken Modified a Few VW Panelvans to HighRoof campers for me many years ago,is he still around? Got myself a Syncro Caravelle a few weeks ago which I would consider turning into a Highroof Camper!