Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Newby from Witbank!
03-30-2015, 07:43 AM
Newby from Witbank!
Hi All,

I've just joined your forumBig Grin I bought a 1990, Syncro with a 3.4l ford engine from one of your members(?). I live in Witbank (any other members?) and like a real Witbanker, I work in a coal mine.
It was amazing to see all the available info on this site, I never knew that you could find so many variances in these buses.... big window???

Photos to come later!

Anyway, I love off-road driving and planning on doing a lot more in the Syncro!

Best regards,

Dawid.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-30-2015, 07:46 AM
RE: Newby from Witbank!
Welcome Dawid, enjoy the bus
Rhyno

Rhyno van Zyl
https://www.facebook.com/KarooPhotograph...e=bookmark
03-30-2015, 08:08 AM
Hi Dawid

Thats a strong motor. Do you have taller gearing to bring the RPM down at highway speeds?

Welcome to the Forum

1989 2.1 SYNCRO
2011 CB1000R

Stuart said "They say in "Namibia" the only problem with a syncro is when it does get stuck nothing else can get there to tow it out"

SYNCROnized OFF-Roading
03-30-2015, 08:44 AM
(03-30-2015 08:08 AM)Dazz Wrote:  Hi Dawid

Thats a strong motor. Do you have taller gearing to bring the RPM down at highway speeds?

Welcome to the Forum

Yes, I was told so by the previous owner. Did 120km/h and the rev counter was sitting around 3200 rpm (4 speed gearbox). Only issue is the gears scratch when you quickly shift into 3rd - synchromesh not too lekker!
03-30-2015, 09:32 AM
welcome, bought from Isak?

I may be a mechanic, but i can't fix stupid
Bad planning on your part does not make your issue an crisis to me
Bad workmanship by other garages does not entiltle you to better rates at me
Syncro, syncro , syncro and more syncro, this is the syncro way of life
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-30-2015, 09:35 AM
Yes, I was told so by the previous owner. Did 120km/h and the rev counter was sitting around 3200 rpm (4 speed gearbox). Only issue is the gears scratch when you quickly shift into 3rd - synchromesh not too lekker!
[/quote]

I suppose it too soon to ask you what your fuel consumption is like? I bet you can tow anything with the torque you have at the pedal.

1989 2.1 SYNCRO
2011 CB1000R

Stuart said "They say in "Namibia" the only problem with a syncro is when it does get stuck nothing else can get there to tow it out"

SYNCROnized OFF-Roading
03-30-2015, 09:43 AM
(03-30-2015 09:35 AM)Dazz Wrote:  Yes, I was told so by the previous owner. Did 120km/h and the rev counter was sitting around 3200 rpm (4 speed gearbox). Only issue is the gears scratch when you quickly shift into 3rd - synchromesh not too lekker!

I suppose it too soon to ask you what your fuel consumption is like? I bet you can tow anything with the torque you have at the pedal.
[/quote]

I bought it from Werner Best, the bus seems to be good and well looked after with a fairly clear history. Some small niggles, but not too bad. Was concerned about overheating but it went well from Pta to Witbank.

I filled the tank up and will check soon what the fuel consumption is. I owe a Nissan Patrol which I use for extensive over landing trips and is sure the consumption will be far better than the Patrol!!! I will keep you posted.

If all goes well I will tow a Jurgens Explorer over the Easter break to see how it goes!
03-30-2015, 11:39 AM
werner's syncro is very nice, good buy i would say, it was better with the 2.0i golf and short ratio gearbox, but a well looked after bus.

I may be a mechanic, but i can't fix stupid
Bad planning on your part does not make your issue an crisis to me
Bad workmanship by other garages does not entiltle you to better rates at me
Syncro, syncro , syncro and more syncro, this is the syncro way of life
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-30-2015, 11:45 AM
Maar kan hy BOOT sleep...... lol.

Thats what My FIL always asks if someone buys a new vehicle lol.

1989 2.1 SYNCRO
2011 CB1000R

SYNCROnized OFF-Roading
04-01-2015, 06:14 AM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2015 06:16 AM by DawidT.)
RE: Newbie from Witbank!
I just realised my spelling is a bit off!!! "Newby...."

Anyone who can help? I am looking for a spare wheel bracket to fit the spare wheel on the back.