Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Where to buy car upholstery material
10-20-2015, 08:39 AM
Where to buy car upholstery material
Hi all
I am looking for somewhere that sells car upholstery in or around the Cape Town area.
Thanx
Russel
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-20-2015, 06:08 PM
RE: Where to buy car upholstery material
(10-20-2015 08:39 AM)Russel Wrote:  Hi all
I am looking for somewhere that sells car upholstery in or around the Cape Town area.
Thanx
Russel

Try Kehls in Voortrekker Rd, Maitland
10-20-2015, 10:16 PM
Thanx Dudley
10-23-2015, 09:11 PM
Westtrading.nl for OE stuff.
Can get some ordered and shipped if needs be as think you have to have a trade account.
10-24-2015, 02:05 PM
(10-23-2015 09:11 PM)ELVIS Wrote:  Westtrading.nl for OE stuff.
Can get some ordered and shipped if needs be as think you have to have a trade account.

Thanx for the offer. I will go have a look in Cape Town to see what they have first.
10-24-2015, 02:11 PM (This post was last modified: 10-24-2015 08:40 PM by Nico.)
Car upholstery material in Cape Town is a real challenge - believe me. I've searched for decent fabric on and off for the last 30 odd years. Kehl's as mentioned above is a real luck-of-the-draw store. I've seldom found anything remotely usable there, but I wouldn't write them off.

Back in the eighties there was another store that used to be in Commercial Street in Cape Town, but it is unfortunately long gone.

Another place you might consider is Grindlay Fabrics, situated at 9 Turfhall Road, Lansdowne.

You could also try McCarthy Auto Trimmers but I would go to the Diep River branch located at 7 Greenville Road. They have a good selection, but they may want you to have the work done there.

Another fabric supplier, but not necessarily automotive in nature is Hertex. I went there when looking for Alcantara fabric which is quite popular for use in upmarket cars, as an alternative to leather. Alcantara is a faux suede like material and I like it a lot. Hertex is located in Bella Rosa Street, Rosenpark, just up from Tyger Valley Shopping Centre.