Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Inline 4 coolant pipes hookups
10-21-2015, 03:50 PM
Inline 4 coolant pipes hookups
Good Day All,

I am in the process of converting my 1.9 kombi to an inline VW AGG (MP9) engine.

I would like to find out from the pro's the ideal way to hook up the coolant pipes from the radiator ,bottle into the water pump through the oil cooler, engine, heater matrix and out back to the radiator.

I have pondered about it and have a few ideas or a simple diagram, but if I could hear what others have done it would be very helpful.

regards,
John
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-23-2015, 07:51 AM
RE: Inline 4 coolant pipes hookups
Hi John
From my technical experience the outlet for the top of the engine must go to the top of the radiator and so the same for the bottom. the heater is just a take off from the engine on the engine side of the thermostat and the reservoir bottle is there to fill and bleed off air so I would have it a guess that the return must go to the water pump and the bleed off pipe from the top of the engine. the oil cooler should be in the line of coolant going from the engine to the radiator and not before otherwise you will be heating the coolant up before it enters the engine. This is what I logically think it should be like but Stuart and Dean are the experts and should be able to give much more info
Regards
Reg

Life's a journey, enjoy the ride.......in comfort in a syncro!!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply