Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Possible 3rd factory 2.5 Syncro?
03-20-2016, 02:39 PM
RE: Possible 3rd factory 2.5 Syncro?
No it's not metal Gerard. That is just the metal bodywork under the seat. Your tank is definitely fibreglass.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-31-2017, 12:23 PM
Thought I'd post here as well to update the thread, although its mentioned on the chat group.

I confirmed this morning with a previous owner of my bus that it was/is one of the factory 2.5 proto types. When he bought it he visited the factory and they verified it.

When he heard I had his bus he just spontaneously started giving me the history, confirming what I wanted to know from him.

I have the eNatis owner history of the bus and just took a chance and googled the name. Only one popped up as a doctor in Riversdal and it was him.

How's that for luck.
Find all posts by this user
02-01-2017, 03:59 PM
Hi Gerhard, So out of absolute interest, what type of Propshaft does it have? Usual looking donut one or another type?

Syncro, Sailing, Subaru, Scuba Diving, Surf, Sun, South Africa...
02-02-2017, 08:30 AM
(02-01-2017 03:59 PM)32wbx6 Wrote:  Hi Gerhard, So out of absolute interest, what type of Propshaft does it have? Usual looking donut one or another type?

You mean the one that rattles when you pull away. Bleddie nuisance. How does one fix that ?

But I'm also quite sure its not the original or it was at some time or another re-done.
02-02-2017, 09:12 AM
Doesn't sound good if it "rattles"! Are you sure it's the Propshaft making the rattle? If so you better check it out for wear or its balance may be out.

If the OE type its internal bushes are probably worn. (Speak to Stuart). If a slip joint shaft check the joint itself for play and in both cases check the universal joints.

Quite important as if you run too long with vibrating prop you can cause damage. I've personally had the nose cone of the transmission crack before on my own bus and I know others have had this happen too.

Syncro, Sailing, Subaru, Scuba Diving, Surf, Sun, South Africa...
02-02-2017, 09:32 AM
(02-02-2017 09:12 AM)32wbx6 Wrote:  Doesn't sound good if it "rattles"! Are you sure it's the Propshaft making the rattle? If so you better check it out for wear or its balance may be out.

If the OE type its internal bushes are probably worn. (Speak to Stuart). If a slip joint shaft check the joint itself for play and in both cases check the universal joints.

Quite important as if you run too long with vibrating prop you can cause damage. I've personally had the nose cone of the transmission crack before on my own bus and I know others have had this happen too.

Thanks. I'm going to have it checked and fixed. Also don't like stuff like that.