Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Factory big window Syncro for sale
04-07-2016, 08:40 PM
Factory big window Syncro for sale
I have a factory big window Syncro for sale. 340 000km but R15k full engine rebuild in January and a full gearbox rebuild including new crownwheel and pinion two years ago. Has been owned by a friend of mine for the last 15 years. 2.0 Golf conversion done by Selwyn at Carcraft. 15 inch rims with new tyres, bullbar and spare wheel carrier. Has never been resprayed so body has some dents and scratches as to be expected. Also some rust but less than usual for a Syncro that has not been repaired and has spent it's life at the coast. No seam rust though from what I could see. I have yet to take delivery so will have a better look and take more pics when I collect it next week.

Two options: Buy as is for R70 000 or otherwise I am prepared to spec the vehicle to a buyers requirements. Full respray, upgraded suspension, suspension lift, long range fuel and water tanks, whatever. Its a great base for a full on expedition Syncro!

Ian

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2016, 05:36 AM
RE: Factory big window Syncro for sale
Mmmmm blue. My favourite colour.

Looks nice Ian. Good luck with the sale.

[Image: SyncroSignature.jpg]

Life's a journey, not a race. Enjoy it.
Find all posts by this user
04-08-2016, 08:44 AM
Now you tell me !
04-08-2016, 09:20 AM
Sorry Gerhard bad timing! But you have got yourself a nice Syncro. Little bit of work and money and you'll be happy. This bus also needs a bit of work and money to make it really nice.

Not advertising on Gumtree just yet. Only here. I've got a busy week or two ahead of me before I can really look at this Syncro.
04-08-2016, 09:55 AM
PM sent
04-21-2016, 09:09 PM
For those that were interested I have detailed pics showing all the rust, dents scratches etc. I have emailed pics to all those who pm'd me about this Syncro. If you didn't receive anything please send me a pm.

I also now have the invoices showing a full R14000 engine rebuild three months ago and a complete gearbox rebuild including crown wheel and pinion two years ago.

I'll be away on a trip most of next week but will give this my full attention the following week. I am completely open to offers.

Cheers
Ian
04-29-2016, 04:29 PM
Hi There , I am in the market for a nice Sincro . you can contact me on whats up 0833217645 . My name is Jonathan
(04-07-2016 08:40 PM)ian Wrote:  I have a factory big window Syncro for sale. 340 000km but R15k full engine rebuild in January and a full gearbox rebuild including new crownwheel and pinion two years ago. Has been owned by a friend of mine for the last 15 years. 2.0 Golf conversion done by Selwyn at Carcraft. 15 inch rims with new tyres, bullbar and spare wheel carrier. Has never been resprayed so body has some dents and scratches as to be expected. Also some rust but less than usual for a Syncro that has not been repaired and has spent it's life at the coast. No seam rust though from what I could see. I have yet to take delivery so will have a better look and take more pics when I collect it next week.

Two options: Buy as is for R70 000 or otherwise I am prepared to spec the vehicle to a buyers requirements. Full respray, upgraded suspension, suspension lift, long range fuel and water tanks, whatever. Its a great base for a full on expedition Syncro!

Ian

Hi Ian

Jonathan here , I am in the market for a nice Sincro , my contack no is on whats up 0833217645

Can we chat , a bit on you van

Regards
12-22-2016, 01:34 PM
Ian, where is the bus ? I want to have a look at it.
02-21-2018, 03:28 PM
(04-07-2016 08:40 PM)ian Wrote:  I have a factory big window Syncro for sale. 340 000km but R15k full engine rebuild in January and a full gearbox rebuild including new crownwheel and pinion two years ago. Has been owned by a friend of mine for the last 15 years. 2.0 Golf conversion done by Selwyn at Carcraft. 15 inch rims with new tyres, bullbar and spare wheel carrier. Has never been resprayed so body has some dents and scratches as to be expected. Also some rust but less than usual for a Syncro that has not been repaired and has spent it's life at the coast. No seam rust though from what I could see. I have yet to take delivery so will have a better look and take more pics when I collect it next week.

Ian

I have been contemplating whether to post this her for more than a month, i know i am going take flak for this, but here goes,

here are pics of this unrepaired, never painted syncro, you be the judge, i feel i was robbed, besides the fact that the motor had to be repaired too, radiator replaced and 3 tyres replaced, yes 2 were new, this is such bad advertising,

and add the fact that i have been waiting for more than 18 months for the paperwork on the bus,

this deal in all leaves a very bad taste in my mouth, honesty costs nothing.

if i knew the bus was in this state i would not have bought it and repaired it,

stuart

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

I may be a mechanic, but i can't fix stupid
Bad planning on your part does not make your issue an crisis to me
Bad workmanship by other garages does not entiltle you to better rates at me
Syncro, syncro , syncro and more syncro, this is the syncro way of life
02-21-2018, 06:54 PM (This post was last modified: 02-21-2018 06:57 PM by Picasso.)
(02-21-2018 03:28 PM)syncromad Wrote:  

Ian

I have been contemplating whether to post this her for more than a month, i know i am going take flak for this, but here goes,

here are pics of this unrepaired, never painted syncro, you be the judge, i feel i was robbed, besides the fact that the motor had to be repaired too, radiator replaced and 3 tyres replaced, yes 2 were new, this is such bad advertising,

and add the fact that i have been waiting for more than 18 months for the paperwork on the bus,

this deal in all leaves a very bad taste in my mouth, honesty costs nothing.

if i knew the bus was in this state i would not have bought it and repaired it,

stuart

Well I guess the "problem" started with advertising a vehicle without having the vehicle papers for it .... and there is no mention in the advertisement that the papers are not available....

Irrespective, that initial advertisement appears to be for a different "big window bus" as that add comes not even close in description to the vehicle parked at the syncro hospital. The only commonality seems the color tone. Dodgy

So... I guess the only honorable thing to do is to reverse the original transaction.