Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Engine Dies When Warm
05-24-2016, 11:44 AM
RE: Engine Dies When Warm
I hope you sort it out. Must be getting frustrating, you have been at it for a long time. You get A + for determination.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-24-2016, 11:50 AM
(05-24-2016 11:44 AM)Camperholic Wrote:  I hope you sort it out. Must be getting frustrating, you have been at it for a long time. You get A + for determination.

Nah ! I knew what I was getting myself into, and for some macabre reason enjoy it. Been doing this to myself with old bikes all my life. I will sort it out. To me the fun is in the chase. Just need to get to know it.

In the mean time the smiles per mile is priceless.
05-25-2016, 08:04 PM
I had the same problem, in my case with an easy fix: the diesel engine died whenever the car was nicely hot - after doing 100 - 250kms, it would die in the middle of the middle of nowhere or in peak traffic, and will only start again after it had cooled down completely many hours later or the next day. Turned out to be a loose connection on the low pressure pump in the diesel tank. As soon as the wire connections heated up enough they would expand such as to break contact. Nipped the female contact a bit and no problems for the past 6 years.
05-25-2016, 09:00 PM
I'm holding my breath for a while, but seems my problems are sorted for now. Culprit was the distributer.