Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
V6 3.4 with Dictator management.
05-26-2016, 12:08 PM (This post was last modified: 05-26-2016 12:38 PM by OupaGawie.)
RE: V6 3.4 with Dictator management.
On Tuesday the car died on me after i had a few electrical spikes: Rev counter jumped between 0 and 3000 revs. I just could not get it going again and had to get it home on a flat bed. Phoned the previous owner - said it has never happened to him before. I remembered that he mentioned that the it seemed that the Dictator system prefers fully charged battery.
Took the battery for a good charge - when I took out the battery I noticed that the poles was loose - could be pulled off.

Stuck in the fully charged battery ( O yes new plugs also) and started on first swing.

My ultimate solution will be reverting back to the original management system but it also seems like a mission as by what I can find out this system was adapted to the 3.4 V6 and was not original. As i want to travel extensive with vehicle it seems I will have to revert to the original carb set up.
In the mean time the vehicle is going for a Dyna and re-mapping next week.

The previous owner had the battery on charge and by the looks of it did not tighten the battery poles.

I will have the alternator checked - or rather how does a novice check it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-26-2016, 12:20 PM
RE: V6 3.4 with Dictator management.
Not sure on a car and about the voltage, but on my bikes I just hold a tester over the terminals and run the enjin about 2000 revs. Any reading between 13.2 and 14.2 is fine.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply