06-01-2016, 05:20 PM
RE: My Syncro Bus
Seat is done very nicely.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2016, 09:26 PM
(06-01-2016 05:20 PM)Gerard W Wrote:  Seat is done very nicely.

Very Nice !Now you dont even need to get up for a cold one !! (-:
06-28-2016, 01:22 PM
So where are we ?

Still having problems with cold start, erratic idle and jerking when running. The Spittronic tuner and I will give it another go from cold start. Still looking for original ECU and harness that will fit the engine. (plastic fuel rail type)

In the meantime found a 2.6 head which is at Francois in Uitenhage, waiting for him to fit it. Slowly getting it back to original

In the mean time loving and enjoying the bus. It runs OK, but its not good enough. Must be right.
06-29-2016, 11:04 AM

Looks neat. How did you or how are you planning to secure the fridge so that it does not move around? I am placing my fridge just behind the passenger seat and was going use the seat belt mount points as anchor points to tie it down.
06-29-2016, 11:44 AM (This post was last modified: 06-29-2016 11:46 AM by Gerard W.)
(06-29-2016 11:04 AM)Camperholic Wrote:  

Looks neat. How did you or how are you planning to secure the fridge so that it does not move around? I am placing my fridge just behind the passenger seat and was going use the seat belt mount points as anchor points to tie it down.

Has its own frame, which bolts to the seat attachments and then I strap it down

Maybe this pic shows it better

06-29-2016, 02:02 PM
(06-29-2016 11:44 AM)Gerard W Wrote:  

I like the fact that you used the existing seat attachments. I have been pondering wether to drill holes in the floor or not, to secure the fridge and drawer system on mine.
06-29-2016, 02:16 PM
(06-29-2016 02:02 PM)Camperholic Wrote:  
(06-29-2016 11:44 AM)Gerard W Wrote:  

I like the fact that you used the existing seat attachments. I have been pondering wether to drill holes in the floor or not, to secure the fridge and drawer system on mine.

Remember, I cut my seat to a two seater, so had to make bolt attachments in the middle of the floor using riv nuts.

The fridge frame attaches to the two old seat mounts on the far side and one of the new inner seat mounts in the middle of the floor.

I'll post a detail pic for you later.
06-29-2016, 04:05 PM
Sorry for the poor pic quality but the black mat does not reflect well.

1. On the far side where I used the old seat floor mount for the fridge frame.
2. In the middle where I made new floor mounts and a bracket for the fridge frame to attach, with the seat, to it.
3. On the door side, using the seat mounts, I added a bracket to move the seat 150mm to the front for more leg room.

06-29-2016, 04:40 PM
(06-29-2016 04:05 PM)Gerard W Wrote:  Sorry for the poor pic quality but the black mat does not reflect well.

1. On the far side where I used the old seat floor mount for the fridge frame.
2. In the middle where I made new floor mounts and a bracket for the fridge frame to attach, with the seat, to it.
3. On the door side, using the seat mounts, I added a bracket to move the seat 150mm to the front for more leg room.

Nice job. Did you use the rivnut system for the middle holes and if so did you buy the expensive tool for it? My buddie says that you can just use some spanners to expand the nut.
06-29-2016, 05:14 PM
Have a look on YouTube for the rivnut trick. You need a little more than just 2 spaners.
But you don't need a rivnut tool.