Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Syncro westfalia Joker
07-08-2016, 11:47 AM
RE: Syncro westfalia Joker
(07-08-2016 11:36 AM)Russel Wrote:  It is also an early syncro Westy. You can tel by the cupboard door where your table stows away. Once you put your table in the storage position you can't open the cupboard. They changed the size of the door in 1986/87 so it didn't interfere with table. Some people do cut the bottom of the door and then glue it in place so the rest clears the table.
Surprised to see your waste water tank still there. This is normaly the first part that get destroyed on a syncro.

Oh is that what the black water bottle is for, so the sink drains into that and then you physically empty it somehwere. The car is said to be a 85 model, but from the histroy i look at on the net, syncros were only introduced in 86.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-08-2016, 01:06 PM
There are a few late 85 syncros out there but as a general rule they were sold from 86 onwards.
Yes that tank is the grey water tank. Campsites in Europe don't like water just draining onto the floor.
If you need any info on how any of the equipment works just let me know.
07-08-2016, 01:38 PM
(07-08-2016 01:06 PM)Russel Wrote:  There are a few late 85 syncros out there but as a general rule they were sold from 86 onwards.
Yes that tank is the grey water tank. Campsites in Europe don't like water just draining onto the floor.
If you need any info on how any of the equipment works just let me know.

Will do thanks Russel Smile
07-08-2016, 02:01 PM
Here's my 16 syncro Westy we had many years back. Not originally a Westy, I had to build it.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

07-08-2016, 05:18 PM
Here is a closer photo of it just after I sold it.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)