Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Moderators
08-28-2011, 09:08 PM
Moderators
SyncroSA has not had a need for much moderation in the past but as we are growing it is necessary to have moderation to keep the forum tidy

The moderator's main job is to keep the forum readable. This is an information board, so people need to be able to find the info they are looking for.

If questions posted on the forums are not answered quickly by members, the Mod team tries to help.

SyncroSA recently appointed 3 new moderators

syncromad
russel
nico

What are the mods Duties ?

The mods edit funny symbols in posts. (They sometimes show up if people have used MS Word to write a post) They also edit out unnecessary quotes and images in posts.

Not everyone searches the forum before posting, so we sometimes get duplicate threads. The mods merge these threads together after a while. Sometimes they need to move threads and posts to a different forum.

The mods move spam off the forum as soon as possible.

The team helps forumites with images and links and explains how to resize or upload photos and how to make a neat link. They also help with other IT related questions.

People come to the team with all kinds of requests for help or suggestions to improve the forum or the website. The team discusses these ideas and proposes possible changes to the site administrators.

Some forumites have trouble keeping to the guidelines and rules of the forum, and the moderators remind them about these by sending a PM.

Enjoy the forum Syncros

2.6i Syncro Doka 1984
2.5i SSA PlayBus Syncro 1989
2.5i Factory 5 Cylinder Syncro 1991
2.0i Cox Camper Syncro 1989
2.0i Big Window Syncro 1992
2.6i 2WD Doka 1986
1.9TDI Golf Syncro 1991

"If you dont think syncro's are cool, then you better check your pulse"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-28-2011, 09:30 PM
Re: Moderators
Moderators' "Code of Conduct"

1. Should the first post of a topic not describe the topic title accurately, the moderator(s) will do one of the following, depending on the specific case:
- rename the topic
- split the topic and rename the newly created topic more appropriately
- merge with a relevant topic, which already exists

2. Where a user has duplicated the post, the moderators will remove the post by doing one of the following:
- deleting (will reduce the post count of the member)
- merging the post (the post count of the member will remain the same)

3. In case of a thread gone off topic, the moderator will remove the *Off Topic* part and do one of the following:
- create a new topic
- merge

4. Any violations of racism or harmful comment will be deleted immediately and a message created to replace the post explaining the reason of deletion. Comments/warnings will be issued immediately. Should this not be done, members may inform the moderators about the provocation.

5. No moderator or member may tell another member what they should or should not write. As long as the members adhere to the rules for posting on the Forum, the moderators will not intervene.

6. Any post edited by a Moderator will have a note at the bottom of the post stating who edited the topic.

Although there are rules with regards to the forum, moderators will use their discretion when it comes to moderation.

2.6i Syncro Doka 1984
2.5i SSA PlayBus Syncro 1989
2.5i Factory 5 Cylinder Syncro 1991
2.0i Cox Camper Syncro 1989
2.0i Big Window Syncro 1992
2.6i 2WD Doka 1986
1.9TDI Golf Syncro 1991

"If you dont think syncro's are cool, then you better check your pulse"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply