Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
1992 Syncro
09-11-2017, 11:39 AM
RE: 1992 Syncro
(08-31-2017 12:17 PM)KaTooM Wrote:  
(08-16-2017 04:15 PM)Gerard W Wrote:  So is it running, gearbox and all OK now ?

As far as I know the bus runs perfectly - we are seriously struggling with paperwork. Apparently another 2 weeks to go to be sorted out.

AngryHuhDodgyConfusedSad

Nightmare at moment as the guy that owns the bus has outstanding fines and licences for cars and trailers and the bus that he can't pay, so we are stuck and can't put the bus on the road or in my name unless everything is outstanding is paid up. I'm not talk about a few rand - it is apparently thousands x 10 !!

Can anyone help ? Is there something we can do to get the license for the vehicle without having to pay all the other fines ?

I know it is a long shot but worth the ask.

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-16-2017, 12:55 PM
That's a bitch. He can pay up thy lisences for the bus only, they just won't issue it until all the others are paid. That does not matter. The bus is then up to date and he might be able to get it off his name.

It could be they refuse to issue the receipt for taking it off his name until he pays all the other licences.

Its a bugger, but worth a try.
09-20-2017, 02:59 PM
(09-16-2017 12:55 PM)Gerard W Wrote:  That's a bitch. He can pay up thy lisences for the bus only, they just won't issue it until all the others are paid. That does not matter. The bus is then up to date and he might be able to get it off his name.

It could be they refuse to issue the receipt for taking it off his name until he pays all the other licences.

Its a bugger, but worth a try.
You are correct - they won't issue anything until all the outstanding amounts for all vehicles are paid - sad reality is that the most amount owed is on the bus.

I don't think this will materialise so I need to start looking for another bus, 10 months of excitement and waiting in anticipation gone down the drain.

Now I need to get my deposit backHuh
09-20-2017, 07:29 PM
Get your money back and just pay for busses fines.
09-20-2017, 08:44 PM
Very sad it turned out like this for you.
09-21-2017, 12:37 PM
(09-20-2017 08:44 PM)Gerard W Wrote:  Very sad it turned out like this for you.

Agreed, but not much I can do about it. I have made the guy an offer to pay half the outstanding fines, but will only refund him once he can produce the receipts to prove he has made payment. Lets see if he goes for it. He is silly if he doesn't because he can't do anything without paying off his debt first.

I have found another bus in the meantime but if anyone knows of another bus for sale that is in good condition let me know.

Thanks