Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
CV Joints
06-27-2017, 09:50 PM
CV Joints
Hi All,

Which are the best available rear CV joints (108mm) and where can I buy them locally?

Also, what is the normal sizes for the front CVs and are they freely available?

Many thanks

'89 Syncro 2.6i "ZIP"
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-28-2017, 12:14 PM
RE: CV Joints
(06-27-2017 09:50 PM)Adrian Wrote:  Hi All,

Which are the best available rear CV joints (108mm) and where can I buy them locally?

Also, what is the normal sizes for the front CVs and are they freely available?

Many thanks

Hi Adrian

The best available CV's for the rear are Porsche (930) 108mm. You can get them from Porsche of course or you could get them from Stuart at Syncro hospital. If you want a generic Porsche equivalent then GSP from SAJCO.

With regards to your front CV's, first measure the diameter of one of your shafts. If they are 26mm then you are in luck, you can get inners and outers from the suppliers above. If you have 28mm shafts then you are in the same boat as me. You can get the inner as above, but the 98mm outer is only available overseas.

Let us know what you have.

Regards
06-28-2017, 01:54 PM (This post was last modified: 06-28-2017 01:55 PM by Adrian.)
RE: CV Joints
Many thanks,

I ended up getting GSP CVs from Mega Cage in Silverton.

Support much appreciated.

'89 Syncro 2.6i "ZIP"
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)