Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
fuel tank vent boxes
07-03-2017, 08:49 PM
fuel tank vent boxes
Hi guys,
I am busy with a overall on my t3 and found a smell of petrol in the cab everytime I fill up. Its so strong, I have to drive with the windows open. After checking every joint in the fuel line I found these two little tanks on the sides just below the front seats,,, what is it and why is it there, can you perhaps help me?

Regards
Chris

Sent from my GT-I9060I using Tapatalk

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, Torque is how far you take the wall with youWink
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-04-2017, 08:49 AM
RE: fuel tank vent boxes
Sounds interesting, do you have any pictures?
07-04-2017, 10:33 AM
I'm also still learning about this stuff. We recently removed the tank and had it fixed up, in hindsight a new tank from the stealers. I think your setup might be similar to mine.

http://www.oemepc.com/vw/part_single/cat...288/lang/e

You're talking about the two boxes 9 and 10? They should be high enough that they can't overflow on the flat, I guess if you're on a slope they can fill up, so the valve at the top is supposed to stop the fuel from running out the thingy number 17.

Have you pulled the hatch on the floor to check that your sender unit is not maybe leaking? As you can see from the ETKA pic above, pines 15 and seals 6 are also under the waterline, so to speak, but you can see those from the side with a torch.
07-04-2017, 04:38 PM
Thanks mate, I'll check for those hatch on the floor board, there is a cover over my floor board and I never thought to check there. That 5 is not marked on the drawing, what is it? Very nice website with drawing anyway.
Thanks again.

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, Torque is how far you take the wall with youWink