Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dash Tidy
08-31-2017, 09:17 AM (This post was last modified: 08-31-2017 09:21 AM by Camperholic.)
Dash Tidy
If you look at accessories for most auto stuff, it is all around R 1000.00 and higher. I will take one please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would also take two of the seperate cup holders as well which is around 5 pounds each. They are the nicest cup holders I have seen to date. I am willing to pay for my stuff up front if that helps. Just give me details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-31-2017, 10:30 AM
RE: Dash Tidy
We need to get 8 more confirmed orders. Otherwise it will be even more expensive. Need to be pre-paid as well.
08-31-2017, 11:06 AM
(08-31-2017 10:30 AM)Lars Kessel Wrote:  We need to get 8 more confirmed orders. Otherwise it will be even more expensive. Need to be pre-paid as well.

HI Lars - have you considered getting a quote to have them printed 3d Locally

I have a sample for an image to print
08-31-2017, 02:38 PM
(08-31-2017 11:06 AM)supervly Wrote:  
(08-31-2017 10:30 AM)Lars Kessel Wrote:  We need to get 8 more confirmed orders. Otherwise it will be even more expensive. Need to be pre-paid as well.

HI Lars - have you considered getting a quote to have them printed 3d Locally

I have a sample for an image to print

Sounds like a good idea. Now one just needs someone with a 3d printer big enough to do it. And not asking more than R 1200 a pop.
08-31-2017, 04:12 PM
I have a contact with a 700mm printing bed. For him to give us a quote he would need the 3D file, I can get the 3D design done through a friend. This will save on cost. An idea of cost on the actual print is worked out on the amount of material used, the volume of the print and the time it takes. What he suggests is that we print a plug/negative for making fibre glass moulding, this will be the price of five units as apposed to printing 10 units in a batch. If we had the mould we could make as many as we wanted. The beauty of designing our own one is we can make it according to our needs, we just have to agree on the design. What say you guys?
08-31-2017, 08:15 PM
Either way im in
09-01-2017, 08:44 AM
(08-31-2017 04:12 PM)Camperholic Wrote:  I have a contact with a 700mm printing bed. For him to give us a quote he would need the 3D file, I can get the 3D design done through a friend. This will save on cost. An idea of cost on the actual print is worked out on the amount of material used, the volume of the print and the time it takes. What he suggests is that we print a plug/negative for making fibre glass moulding, this will be the price of five units as apposed to printing 10 units in a batch. If we had the mould we could make as many as we wanted. The beauty of designing our own one is we can make it according to our needs, we just have to agree on the design. What say you guys?

I will try get hold of folks I dealt with last time to scan the sample I have and make a file that we could add our own design features.
09-01-2017, 09:14 AM
Hi Guys, 3D printing this item is going to be rather costly, this is made out of and made in the same way as the trays that fit on the floor near the gear lever, if there´s one of you that enjoys DIY look at the link below, it shows how to make your own vacuum forming tool, there are companies that do this commercially, but if someone has the time they could make a plug (former) to suit what ever type of dash tidy you want & make these things very cheaply, the plastic sheeting is easily available from Maizey Plastics:
https://youtu.be/Gx66mS7U2vY
09-01-2017, 09:21 AM
(09-01-2017 09:14 AM)jms_snuggs Wrote:  Hi Guys, 3D printing this item is going to be rather costly, this is made out of and made in the same way as the trays that fit on the floor near the gear lever, if there´s one of you that enjoys DIY look at the link below, it shows how to make your own vacuum forming tool, there are companies that do this commercially, but if someone has the time they could make a plug (former) to suit what ever type of dash tidy you want & make these things very cheaply, the plastic sheeting is easily available from Maizey Plastics:
https://youtu.be/Gx66mS7U2vY

Thanks i will check it out later @ home - cant youtube @ work unfortunately
09-01-2017, 01:52 PM
Vacuum forming looks great.