Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fuel filter location on spare tank
07-11-2018, 11:02 AM
Fuel filter location on spare tank
Hi Syncronaughts!

I have a spare fueltank on my bus which has a pump installed in the fuel line
,activated from driver"s cabin,and which links up with fuel filler funnel to main tank.

I havre never filled the tank (bought Syncro in Novembrer) and want to make sure the tank is clean and then fit a filter between this reserve tank and the main tank.

3 Questions:

1.How do I make sure the reserve tank is clean?

2.When I fit the filter,do I fit it in-line between the auxillary tank and its pump,or after the pump and in-line to the main tank?

3.Any specific filter I should look for?

Regards

Hans
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-14-2018, 09:14 AM
RE: Fuel filter location on spare tank
Hello Hans
I have the same setup on my bus. It was fitted five years ago and I've filled it 3 or 4 times a year since. There are no filters anywhere on the auxiliary system. The tank is stainless steel, beautifully made by Ian Fairlie in PE, you very likely have the same type. If so it won't produce any internal rust or scale so I don't believe I need another filter. The fuel passes through the main tank filter en route to the engine anyway.

Colin
07-14-2018, 07:47 PM
RE: Fuel filter location on spare tank
(07-14-2018 09:14 AM)Oberon Wrote:  Hello Hans
I have the same setup on my bus. It was fitted five years ago and I've filled it 3 or 4 times a year since. There are no filters anywhere on the auxiliary system. The tank is stainless steel, beautifully made by Ian Fairlie in PE, you very likely have the same type. If so it won't produce any internal rust or scale so I don't believe I need another filter. The fuel passes through the main tank filter en route to the engine anyway.

Colin

Thx Oberon!

Makes sense!

Hans