Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
golf engines
10-01-2011, 09:22 AM
Re: golf engines
deanace Wrote:we have a special adaptor plate made locally which comes with flywheel and cross member
the engine deck must be extended as our 5 cylinder bus's were and a larger engine lid installed with the extension

What are the costs 4 the fly wheel n cross members and th deck extension with lid

Happy VWing
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2011, 06:39 PM
Tichafa Wrote:
deanace Wrote:we have a special adaptor plate made locally which comes with flywheel and cross member
the engine deck must be extended as our 5 cylinder bus's were and a larger engine lid installed with the extension

What are the costs 4 the fly wheel n cross members and th deck extension with lid

Adapter plate, flywheel, and cross member - R3750
10-07-2011, 08:09 PM
deanace Wrote:here is a upright golf engine in a syncro

conversion done by Syncro Hoispital

Hi man hope y in good form as usual,
Man i need your advice, plz tell, me which 2.0 engine can be run from the 2.1i ecu, ids it the 2E, AGG OR THE ADY, and which one of the 3 needa the list mods to run on an mp9 system.

Tnx in advance

Happy VWing
10-07-2011, 09:16 PM
all the gold l engines are pretty much identical when it comes to head block and sump, but the accessories are different from engine to engine, ie intake manifold and injection rails ect
the 2.1 fuel injection system is not multipoint injection as all injectors inject simultaneously and not only when required. this leads to a fair amount of fuel wastage and obviously relatively bad fuel consumption
The mp9 system injects to each cylinder only when required and improves performance as well as efficiency

now the big concerns with fitting the 2.1 ecu and wiring are:
1. fitting the throttle body and the there is a small switch which is activated on the 2.1 when the throttle is fully open or shut
2. idle stabilizer valve must be connected
3. airflow meter must be used which limits you to the 2.1 air box

all these problems can be overcome with a bit of time and tinkering and your bus will run quite well

Question: will it ever run as well as a mp9
Answer: not even close but it will do the job

so to answer your question on which engine can run the mp9 or 2.1 system, any 2.0l golf engine you can run on either system but there will be modifications needed

me personally, if you dont want to fork out the cash now for a mp9 system, rather fit a carb than waste your money trying to get the 2.1 system to work, then eventually fit the mp9 system

would like to hear other people opinions on this as well Smile

2.6i Syncro Doka 1984
2.5i SSA PlayBus Syncro 1989
2.5i Factory 5 Cylinder Syncro 1991
2.0i Cox Camper Syncro 1989
2.0i Big Window Syncro 1992
2.6i 2WD Doka 1986
1.9TDI Golf Syncro 1991

"If you dont think syncro's are cool, then you better check your pulse"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-08-2011, 07:04 AM
You a Real ACE of AN a rated Star Deanace, tnx, so in short i either go mp9 if i so wish for EFI set-up other wise i get me the good old friend of ours mr carbbie,

Would have been a brain teaser for a novice like me though, tnx 4 putting it simple n straight forward, s0 my best shot now i will now start looking /asking around for the mp9 set up costs, issues like where i can get n open n remmaped 2l box, pump, harnesses etc n pricing.

Lastly, will the ady, agg or 2e original cyl-head, intake- manifolds, fuel rail and injector set-up need to be changed to the mp9 or what?

Tnx again n enjoy your weekend, happy vweeing.

Happy VWing
10-08-2011, 11:05 AM
golf engines
All there set ups will work with mp9
But must change the distributor and drill in a air flow sensor in the intake manifold

2.6i Syncro Doka 1984
2.6i 2WD Doka 1986
1.9TDI Golf Syncro 1991

10-09-2011, 01:41 AM
Tnx again, now busy with the maths, hope i will spoil myself lekka this xmas.

Happy VWing
10-25-2011, 07:09 PM
Hi guys

Looking around the various engines currently being used to repower the T3s, i have just realised that there are jetta and golf mk iv 2.0l engines and after having a look at my neighbour's 1.6l i realised the gearbox looks pretty much the same as the mki,ii,iiis so i would guess these engines wud fit into the T3s jus like the imported popular 2.0l 8v.

Any1 with data and specs for this Jetta/golf mk iv 2.0l motor, plz kindly enlighten me,

Tnx guys. :roll: :roll: Wink

Happy VWing
10-25-2011, 07:23 PM
golf engines
it does fit on the Syncro adaptor plates but... I can tell you from a scrapyard point of view that if something breaks on these engines only the agents can help you with parts

the electronics involved and extra work is not worth it

rather go for the 1.8T if you wanna fit a golf 4 engine

2.6i Syncro Doka 1984
2.6i 2WD Doka 1986
1.9TDI Golf Syncro 1991

10-26-2011, 12:29 AM
deanace Wrote:it does fit on the Syncro adaptor plates but... I can tell you from a scrapyard point of view that if something breaks on these engines only the agents can help you with parts

the electronics involved and extra work is not worth it

rather go for the 1.8T if you wanna fit a golf 4 engine

Tnx again Dean, i jus had thought it wud b a good idea since these were locally available and also some time ago wen i also asked about the diffent 2.0l 8v vw engines, it was mentioned on the forum that the 2e is the oldest and its becomingscarce as well.

Regards

Tichafa

Happy VWing