Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Syncro Tool Kit
12-17-2011, 07:28 PM
Syncro Tool Kit
I hope its suited to ask this question here...
If I do not wish to take a whole Geodore Toolbox on a trip, what list of tools would be needed?

It would save loads of space taking only the nesessary ones.

Izan

You have the Bus, use it, enjoy nature!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-22-2011, 06:30 PM
Re: Syncro Tool Kit
Eclipse, I dond't own a Syncro yet, but what I mainly carry in my BJ (excl. the normal jack/wheel spanner etc.) is a handfull of spanner combo, from 8mm to 19mm, pliers, side cutter, average size phillips and flat, vicegrip, electrical wire, cable ties, duct and isolation tape. In the event of a longer trip I load a small toolbox with sockets and additional screw drivers etc.

Hope somebody will give you more info if indeed any special tools is needed for the Syncro.

Regards

BENNIE BEZUIDENHOUT
"Be slow in choosing a friend, even slower when changing" Benjamin Franklin
12-22-2011, 07:46 PM
I have a toolbox that lives in my bus, i dont mind the extra weight and space as much as not having the right tool when you need it. A spline socket for the joints can never be a bad thing :-)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-23-2011, 07:38 PM
I'm of a bad advice,and I have everything with me,nothing that I can't take apart.
Summer 2005 I did a 1.6TD head gasket on a parking lot near VW dealer in 7 hours,from starting to leaving.
You'll always miss the one tool you need when travelling light.
I got a small toolcase with me with everything,it's basically the size of a big battery.Worth it!!