Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
National Saamtrek
01-26-2012, 10:55 AM
National Saamtrek
There is some discussion on the old site about a Saamtrek in March.

A date has been thrown in for the Saamtrek to take place on the Friday 23rd and Saturday 24th March. The Wednesday the 21st is a public holiday.
The Eastern Cape chaps are putting together some suggestions of Routes and activities around their valleys with the idea that we have different circuits, depending on where you are coming from, and how many days you want to spend on the road - all meeting at a "Saamtrek Epicentre" for the 2 days.

IF we were to do this thing then I would suggest that on the Tuesday night the 20th that the Guys from Down South meet somewhere on Route 62, probably Warmwaterberg. This just gives a little jump and makes a full day of the Wednesday. If I was on my own then I would push for DeRust.

Wed 21 – Rendezvous early with the Karoo Garden group and into Baviaanskloof, overnight in one of the Bush camps in the Wilderness area. [dont get moered by the Buffalo]

Thurs 22- Out of Baviaans and head for the saamtrek arena stopping at the VW museum on the way.

Fri/Sat WegSaamBreekTrek

Sun – Back to CT, sort of via R400 – R329 – R407ish

Some comments please and how about some input from the Zulu Boys, Gauties and everyone else.
Chris.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-26-2012, 11:14 AM
Re: National Saamtrek
I would definitely want to take part in the Baviaankloof trip. I have been itching to do that route for a long time.

The dates sound fine to me as my daughter's school is closed, so the whole family can make it.

[Image: SyncroSignature.jpg]

Life's a journey, not a race. Enjoy it.
01-26-2012, 11:51 AM
March is just around the corner..... I was hoping the Saamtrek will be a bit later in the year. March is already "booked up" with weekend plans, but I'd love to be at the Saamtrek!! Will see what I can do to make it.
01-26-2012, 11:58 AM
National Saamtrek
Herms Wrote:March is just around the corner..... I was hoping the Saamtrek will be a bit later in the year. March is already "booked up" with weekend plans, but I'd love to be at the Saamtrek!! Will see what I can do to make it.

I feel the same, maybe we can start planning the one for next year?

Izan

You have the Bus, use it, enjoy nature!
01-26-2012, 12:52 PM
nice idea chris
can you give us some distances from jhb and the distance to be travelled during the trip
also level of 4x4ing ect

2.6i Syncro Doka 1984
2.5i SSA PlayBus Syncro 1989
2.5i Factory 5 Cylinder Syncro 1991
2.0i Cox Camper Syncro 1989
2.0i Big Window Syncro 1992
2.6i 2WD Doka 1986
1.9TDI Golf Syncro 1991

"If you dont think syncro's are cool, then you better check your pulse"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-26-2012, 01:46 PM
I've been looking at the route I suggested as well as the distances and driving times and 2 days is just not going to do it justice. Maybe what we could do is do a proper Baviaans and surrounds this time and plan the other Winterberg/Hogsback/Kologha route somewhere down the line?
01-26-2012, 02:02 PM
ian Wrote:I've been looking at the route I suggested as well as the distances and driving times and 2 days is just not going to do it justice. Maybe what we could do is do a proper Baviaans and surrounds this time and plan the other Winterberg/Hogsback/Kologha route somewhere down the line?

I'm keen on a Baviaans trippie!
01-26-2012, 02:15 PM
I hate it when someone actually gets off their but and organises something and then is told how they should do it by everyone else, so Chris we are happy to make our province available to you okes to do whatever you want, even if we are not available to join in on that weekend. My opinion though is that it would be better to do one of the routes instead of trying to do both. If you choose Baviaans I will make it for part of the time and I would love to take you and whoever else is keen on that other route sometime when there is enough time to do it properly.
01-26-2012, 06:10 PM
I appreciate the trouble that you guys are going through to organise this, and I'm sure most members feel that way.

I'm keen on whenever you guys organise it (my work permitting as always). As I said, I would love to do the Baviaanskloof in my Syncro, so I'll do my best to organise my life so that I can make it. If there is another one later in the year to Hogsback I'll definitely try to make it as well, as it is also on my list of places to visit.

[Image: SyncroSignature.jpg]

Life's a journey, not a race. Enjoy it.
01-26-2012, 07:14 PM
Hi , me my wife and my dog are in , i will ask a friend tomorrow he told me something about a place to stay in the baviaans apparently very nice .
chris