Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Tire & Alignment Specs
05-29-2012, 03:57 PM
Re: Tire & Alignment Specs
Hi Rob.
Will do so. I have heard that they don't really give hassles but after 23 years I have my doubts. I know the PO had a 2.5 Oetinger conversion for a while before he blew the heads off and then replaced it with a stock 2.1 Remtec rebuild - one of the last I guess before they too discontinued these due to repeat failures / come-backs. Thanks for that - will give feedback on what I find - before slotting.
PS - Hurry up now and get that syncro!!!
Cheers
Hugh
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-29-2012, 09:50 PM
Hi Hugh,
yeah just a thought, I can't wait to get mine don't worry, Ive been chaffing at the bit! Is your Syncro champagne, and do you ever go to Northern Farms?
Because I see you are also from Randburg and was wondering who's Syncro Ive seen there on a few occasions, in fact parked next to me last Saturday, I took a photo to post on "spotted"?
Rob
05-30-2012, 01:58 PM
Hi Rob
This is my syncro, BISKUTT - as in "Hey jou Biskutt!!!", on conquering yet another obstical. Although a Caravelle model I removed the electric mirrors for safe keeping after suffering two thefts, in which the f#$%*rs ruined / buckled the doors in the process, and replaced with manual plastics from GW for about R 130 odd each. Taxi drivers love those big mirrors!
Cheers
Hugh

[attachment=0]

Attached File(s)
.jpg  Flyfishing time!.jpg (Size: 5.21 MB / Downloads: 28)
05-30-2012, 09:45 PM
Howzit Hugh,
Ok then it's not your bus I saw, I took a photo and need to download and post on the forum to see who's it is and see if they are a member. This bus was very standard, original rims etc,( and had electric review mirrors) same colour as yours though. i have seen a lot of busses losing thee mirrors for taxi purposes. The trouble is you never catch the f@$#*rs !
Cheers Rob.
03-12-2014, 04:08 PM
RE: Tire & Alignment Specs
Hey all,
Reviving this thread and looking for some advice on alignment.
I purchased my Syncro in October up near Joburg. I've put about 2500 km on it since buying it. Since getting it i noticed that both front tires were worn on the inside shoulder. The van appears to have some negative camber on the front wheels and this can be seen with the naked eye. When I had the van in the Hi-Q the other day they also commented on this. He didn't think the camber could be adjusted but obviously he was wrong but it seems there is a limit to the adjustment and this is a problem that many people have noted as they reach the limit without achieving specified camber.
Had a roadworthy redone yesterday (long story) and he also said the alignment of the front and rear tires was off.
I have original 14" rims with 195R14 C Michelins on the van. They are almost new other than the uneven wear.
I have the printout from the alignment the PO did about 4000 km ago.
I will attach it here for reference.
I've spent a lot of time researching this issue but still haven't found solid numbers to work off as they all look a little different depending if it is for a syncro, a syncro camper, loaded/empty/half load etc.
The numbers on the recent alignment look decent but would appreciate your advice. The printout states that they used the Syncro - no load settings.
My van drives great now - steering wheel is straight, no pulling to left or right, uncertain if the tire wear was prealignment or post alignment but the visible negative camber worries me. The van does drop a fair bit in the front - probably due to the weight of the rather unwieldy bull bar on it - this would affect toe only though I believe.
Would you trust these numbers or get it redone and risk messing it up more.
Is anybody able to repost the syncro alignment specs as I can't open those jpg attachments.
Thanks for any pointers.
Ddub

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)