Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Baviaanskloof
05-11-2015, 06:46 PM
Baviaanskloof
I drove the Baviaanskloof/Kouga road from west to east last week. It was a bit muddy in places and there were some impressive dongas in the road in the Parks Board section, but no real show-stoppers. We were in Patensie next morning for breakfast and to refuel prior to doing the Patensie to Steytlerville road when we met some bikers who had just done it the other way. They said the road was in a terrible state especially near Steytlerville and advised us not to attempt it. So we didn't.

It seemed the wise thing to do but I was really disappointed because it was the main purpose of the trip, I'd done Baviaans itself twice before.

So.... Has anyone on the forum driven the Patensie/Steytlerville road recently? And if so how difficult was it?

Thanks
Colin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2015, 06:45 PM
RE: Baviaanskloof
(05-11-2015 06:46 PM)Oberon Wrote:  I drove the Baviaanskloof/Kouga road from west to east last week. It was a bit muddy in places and there were some impressive dongas in the road in the Parks Board section, but no real show-stoppers. We were in Patensie next morning for breakfast and to refuel prior to doing the Patensie to Steytlerville road when we met some bikers who had just done it the other way. They said the road was in a terrible state especially near Steytlerville and advised us not to attempt it. So we didn't.

It seemed the wise thing to do but I was really disappointed because it was the main purpose of the trip, I'd done Baviaans itself twice before.

So.... Has anyone on the forum driven the Patensie/Steytlerville road recently? And if so how difficult was it?

Thanks
Colin
How can it be difficult!!! You have a Syncro don't you??
Big Grin
05-12-2015, 09:04 PM
2wd bus

I may be a mechanic, but i can't fix stupid
Bad planning on your part does not make your issue an crisis to me
Bad workmanship by other garages does not entiltle you to better rates at me
Syncro, syncro , syncro and more syncro, this is the syncro way of life
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-13-2015, 04:50 PM
Correct Stuart
2WD bus with difflock and a modest suspension lift. It handled the mud and 300mm deep dongas without too much difficulty but the road I wanted to know about sounded much worse.

Can I bring my bus to the Saamtrek or is it Syncros only?

Colin
05-13-2015, 05:25 PM
you can come colin, 1/2 a syncro

I may be a mechanic, but i can't fix stupid
Bad planning on your part does not make your issue an crisis to me
Bad workmanship by other garages does not entiltle you to better rates at me
Syncro, syncro , syncro and more syncro, this is the syncro way of life
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user