Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
officially a syncro owner from today whoa
09-07-2015, 08:50 AM
RE: officially a syncro owner from today whoa
Longer ratios can also make it run hotter. Bringing down revs is not always the awnser with diesels. You need to get things in the sweet spot. This will be different on a syncro compared to a 2wd and different to the original car the engine came from. To lower revs means driving on torque wich in turn means using more turbo boost with in turn turns up the temp. Now this is also affected by your cruising speed. On a flat surface at your cruising speed you want to be running very low to no boost from turbo, if this is not achievable from this engine then throw it away and spend your money on something else. Bigger tires will also have the same effect. When VW fitted the 1.6TD to the T3 they also fitted a bigger radiator tunel to allow more air to pass through the radiator. The T3 water system ( including radiator size) is more than adequate in size for any engine that you can fit in the back.
Russel
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-07-2015, 06:19 PM
Thanks russel, and stuart, just bought it love the power, happy with the speed, fitting the bigger raidiator but for piece of mind I would like to fit a oil cooler, extra never hurts. What after market oil cooler should I use. Took her for cor today looks like back to work shop, think im just going to do the whole front suspension over. Can you get bigger wind scoops for the sides.
09-08-2015, 04:56 PM
Hi zoodog, welcom to the clan, I have some scoops in development now for that model, got a patternmaker mate in CT busy making up the molds as we speak, I will post on the forum as soon as we have a finished product, they will be in a base colour, so you will have to spray them what ever color matches your application.
I am having them made for my buses new engine as I want to run a cooler fed via the rear intake ducts.
09-08-2015, 05:05 PM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2015 04:37 PM by zoodog.)
89 diesel syncro cooling fix
Thanks will definitely be interested in a pair hey, want them for same reason, I have fiund awesome help from, hotcold coolant guys, based in joburg, to fit a boister water pump to help circulation which I think will help big time for the cooling, aswell as a oil cooler, with 2 4inch fans on it, want to fit it on the one side of the ducts.