Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
LOOKING FOR A SYNCRO...2004 OR NEWER!!
08-30-2011, 11:44 PM
LOOKING FOR A SYNCRO...2004 OR NEWER!!
NEW USER HERE...searching for a Syncro that is 7-8 years old at the most.Willing to pay a referral fee if purchase is successful.No hurry,can wait for next 3-4 months before purchasing since I need to get the right vehicle.Color doesnt matter...better still if it has a locking differential.I prefer it to be in decent running condition(OK if engine is blown).Thanks in advance for all your assistance.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-31-2011, 08:05 AM
Re: LOOKING FOR A SYNCRO...2004 OR NEWER!!
hi Kaki

i take it you want a Eurovan(T4) syncro) all south african buses are RHD, we only had T3(vanagon) syncro until 1993. here in SA.

Stuart

I may be a mechanic, but i can't fix stupid
Bad planning on your part does not make your issue an crisis to me
Bad workmanship by other garages does not entiltle you to better rates at me
Syncro, syncro , syncro and more syncro, this is the syncro way of life
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-31-2011, 03:40 PM
Thanks for your prompt replies.Yes,it will be mostly used in Kenya which also has RHD regulations (and East and Central Africa in general).The years stated are simply due to import regulations in Kenya.I may just decide to get a 2wd(pre-1993)from Kenya and bring it down to SA for modification into a Syncro.Someone mentioned that it is possible to go that route.At the end of the day,it all boils down to costs.
08-31-2011, 05:00 PM
okay that is great, there are a few vanagon syncro's in kenya, it would however be cheaper to buy a syncro in SA than to convert a 2wd to syncro. all SA built syncros come with both diff locks, ie front and rear.

we did have 2wd vanagon shaped buses until 2002, just no syncro's,

i currently have a very nice syncro for sale with a 2.6i 5cyl motor, look in the for sale section. Gold one, with a lot of extra's.the motor is out a 2002 bus

Stuart

08-31-2011, 06:51 PM
Thanks again,will definitely look at your ad.Hopefully,its the one...if not,we will keep on looking.I am not in a hurry by any means...I have a few months to play with.I have informed my people in Kenya to be on the lookout for one(and also a DOKA),if you happen to have any knowledgable sources there...would be very helpful too.My offer to provide a refferral fee(leading to a successful buy)to the finder still stands,hoping that I am not insulting anyone on the forum.
08-31-2011, 07:39 PM
Hi

doka's are scarce here in SA, there is one genuine one and about 5 or 6 that have been converted from 2wd.

a lot has been done to the 2.6i syncro, but it does have the odd dent and scratch, luckily the SA syncro don't suffer from seam rust like the german ones.

Stuart