Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
CO meter
10-28-2011, 10:26 AM
CO meter
Possibly a silly question and you can all laugh, but I want to make sure. I have an old CO meter that i bought in the days of Ford V6 conversions in my old Kombi :oops: It was also in the days of carburators of coures, so my question is this...CO content is CO content isn't it, regardless of fuel management systems? So using it to measure current engines CO content still should valid?

Syncro, Sailing, Subaru, Scuba Diving, Surf, Sun, South Africa...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-28-2011, 08:36 PM
Re: CO meter
Hi
I am by no means a boffin,but all I can say is BEWARE.I popped an Andreno engine due to wrong CO2 setting.On the Andreno engine there is a specific way of checking on the move as well.It is not with the old school method of sticking a prod in the exhaust and taking a reading....you get a specific tool for getting the correct reading...
Hans
10-28-2011, 08:41 PM
your meter will work
if it isnt broken dont fix it with the wbx engines
we dont want any smoke blocking out your lekker spare wheel cover Smile

2.6i Syncro Doka 1984
2.5i SSA PlayBus Syncro 1989
2.5i Factory 5 Cylinder Syncro 1991
2.0i Cox Camper Syncro 1989
2.0i Big Window Syncro 1992
2.6i 2WD Doka 1986
1.9TDI Golf Syncro 1991

"If you dont think syncro's are cool, then you better check your pulse"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-29-2011, 02:42 PM
Hi Hans, thanks for warning, I am aware of dangers with this. Dean, i agree, don't fix whats not bust, but if you remember I have the wbx6 and as we all seem to suffer from erractic idleing etc, I also find that "they who shall not be mentioned" have often set the CO and then next time they look at it its all over the place so its gets adjusted again, and again! So, I'm wanting to double check myself, taking the time to get it right, i have all the manuals on procedure, and rather even make sure it is running a bit rich if anything, to safe gaurd the motor against exactly what Hans is talking about.

Syncro, Sailing, Subaru, Scuba Diving, Surf, Sun, South Africa...