Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Immaculate Conversion
06-25-2012, 06:05 PM
Immaculate Conversion
Its not a Syncro, but still, amazing! Dean, Stuart, Pierre, this is what we hope to see soon but in Syncro versions in SA :!: Unfortunatley I guess costs a mint to do this...http://youtu.be/rLIHcJtGUZ8

Syncro, Sailing, Subaru, Scuba Diving, Surf, Sun, South Africa...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-27-2012, 10:52 PM
Re: Immaculate Conversion
Yip that guy sure has some skill the only thing I think spoilling the back of the doka are those hidious Hinges he has put on there

The lid on the back the hinges are so nicely hiden but the back those Kitchen door hinges are like a after thought

Thanks for the link
07-01-2012, 10:01 PM
Very neat re-built/conversion, bet it flies well too. 8-) 8-) Like Bugger says, those hinges really spoil the whole job :o :o Wont work for a Syncro though as those plastic/fibreglass side panels and add on's wont last long off road :lol: :lol: Still, must say, the guy did a very nice job of it, just those hinges......

"Allways respect your environment, leave only your tracks and take only your memories"
1989 Syncro Caravelle 2.1 - BosBus
1998 Mercedes Benz C230 Kompressor Sport - PlatKar
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-05-2012, 09:42 PM
One of my Original choices of motor was the S4 5Cylinder Quattro Motor as you can find them at some of the importers But they are still around R12K which is not to bad
But then went for Zoom Zoom as I had Motor adapter and Microtech EFI

May be still one day will build a Syncro Doka with the Quattro motor and some Serious boost as they make easy 450Hp with out battle
07-06-2012, 12:21 PM
Pierre,

If you gonna build a DokaSyncro with that much hp i suggest you start collecting all the Syncro gearboxes you can find... :lol: :lol:
You sure going to need them as replacements :roll: :roll:

"Allways respect your environment, leave only your tracks and take only your memories"
1989 Syncro Caravelle 2.1 - BosBus
1998 Mercedes Benz C230 Kompressor Sport - PlatKar
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-07-2012, 04:56 PM
BosBus Wrote:Pierre,

If you gonna build a DokaSyncro with that much hp i suggest you start collecting all the Syncro gearboxes you can find... :lol: :lol:

No need to I will get the same gears as I use in the Beetle boxes from my one supplier in the states and make the Syncro box take some Hp
07-11-2012, 02:03 PM
Bugger Wrote:
BosBus Wrote:Pierre,

No need to I will get the same gears as I use in the Beetle boxes from my one supplier in the states and make the Syncro box take some Hp

Are you get the gears from Weddle Industries as i have done to my gearbox, or there is another supplier i don't know?
07-12-2012, 09:58 PM
I use ERCO and Long enterprises aswell as Weddle

So what have you replaced on your box from Weddle ?
07-13-2012, 09:24 AM
Bugger Wrote:I use ERCO and Long enterprises aswell as Weddle

So what have you replaced on your box from Weddle ?

3rd and 4th gears with reinfoced ones, now 3rd is 1,18 and 4th 0,70.
There is a gap now between 3rd and 4th gears but the Tdi motor helps to overtake this.
Also 3rd-4th gears slider hub with reinfoced one as this part is weak on T3 gearboxes made before 1989 i think.
I have added also SA oiling plates to be sure that there will be enough oil to the bearings they need it.
Appart from these i have changed all gearbox bearings, 2-3-4 synchros, all gaskets, seals, o-rings. circlips.
Finally i added a decoupler and a solid shaft as i do extensive use on sand where this setup makes a huge difference.
It was an expensive rebuilt but now with all these i feel less anxious about my gearbox.

Themis

[Image: IMGP6973.JPG]

The new gears set

[Image: IMGP8345.JPG]

Comparing with the stock-ones

[Image: IMGP7291.JPG]

Gearbox parts

[Image: IMGP7902.JPG]

Decoupler
07-13-2012, 07:30 PM
Yes can imagine it was not cheap but in South Africa with the Exchange rate it is even worse but I got 3de and 4th in my 2Wd Lockable box I got in My Rotary Turbo Doka
as the money spent is worth it as you will mot easy break the gears again even with hard abuse